Thursday 1 May 2014

Graham's clinic blossoms

Our programmes offer a route into many varied careers within Sports Therapy.

Graham Theobald progressed through our Foundation route to secure a First Class honours degree and now runs his own Sports Injury & Rehabilitation Clinic. He recently shared his experiences with current undergraduates.

"I initially studied Health and Social Care at UCLan, but decided it wasn't for me. I enrolled on the Sports Therapy course and focused hard on achieving my goal of having my own clinic.

"Long before I graduated I designed a working values-based clinical model and secured finance with an in-depth business plan. The clinic opened a week after I completed my course and six years later we have around 4,000 clients."

Graham also undertakes significant amounts of research work, and believes it's important for Sports Therapists to gain an understanding of different types of injuries.

"It's crucial to know your sports, to experience them and understand the different types of mechanisms involved. You've also got to have a passion for what you do, work hard and be reliable – clients may sometimes be late, but you never should be."

Graham spends time working with elite cyclists and is currently working towards his MPhil/PhD award. He also hopes to open a second clinic within the next 18 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment